The default WebCit installation will create an empty directory called
Easy install will do so in
/usr/local/webcit/; the debs in
You may place a file called
webcit.css into this directory. If its present, its referenced after the default stylesheet. If you
know CSS and wish to customize your WebCit installation, any styles you declare in
static.local/webcit.css will override the styles found in
You may also place other files, such as images, in
static.local for further customization.
Your customizations will not be overwritten later upgrades.
to make the changes take effect restart webcit:
WebCit utilizes GNU Gettext to provide localization. As WebCit is threadded, you need threadsafe locale support. They 're available in the GNU libc used in usual Linux Distributions, and Apples MacOS X. *BSD doesn't; if you need it, report a bug to them.
This would be also the right way to change some strings, if you don't like ours.
If you want to create a translation, you should log into Uncensored! and ask if anybody already started this language. If not, here's how to get started:
- grab the latest WebCit sources from the SVN repo
- untar it, you will find webcit/po/webcit.pot, which is the template file containing all strings to be translated.
- you need at least an UTF8 capable editor (as the citadel project has chosen utf8 as charset for its po files, and in the end po's are just text files)
- you could use kbabel
- you could use the eclipse plugin
- you could use this web editor
- install the Emacs PO mode; it works like this:
- Find Next String: ,
- Remove Fuzzy tag: tab
- Next Fuzzy: f
- Next Untranslated: u
- C - CC → exit edit
- use the vim po tools
- … before you ask… RSVP aka Répondez s'il-vous-plaît Is the term that the recipient of an ical-invitation should please answer this request.
- you need to watch out for fuzzy translations, as they're guessed by gettext and need to be reviewed. the fuzzy flag needs to be removed.
#: c-file the string is kept in #: fuzzy if gettext isn't shure what to do; remove this msgid "The original Message Text" msgstr "Your translation in some other or the same ;-) language"
- post your po file to the citadel development room, it will be integrated with next webcit.