The current version of Citadel includes a module which accesses an external LDAP server and uses it for authentication, allowing Citadel to be used in environments that already employ LDAP for “single sign on.”
We support the standard POSIX schema (RFC2307). We also support the most commonly deployed non-standard schema, Microsoft Active Directory.
You will need to know the following:
- The host name or IP address of your LDAP server
- The port number on which LDAP is running (almost always 389)
- The “Base DN” for authentication (this is the DN of the portion of your directory where the user accounts are stored)
- The “Bind DN” (an account name on your server which Citadel will use to log in to LDAP to perform queries)
- The password for your Bind DN
Configure LDAP authentication by running Citadel setup and following the prompts.
We also have instructions for configuring Active Directory with Citadel in greater detail.