We are pleased to announce version 7.50 of the Citadel system, now available via http://www.citadel.org as source code, Easy Install, and packages for selected Linux distributions.
This is a *big* update. New features:
- Recurring events are now supported across the entire calendar system, as well as all-day events which span multiple days.
- The entire WebCit framework is now templatized, allowing customization for individual sites without modifying the program code.
- Message renderers have been updated to handle a number of new features, such as unlimited nesting and inline images.
- Message composition has been updated to handle improved character set conversion, preferred email address and display name persistent in per-user preferences, and unlimited email signature size.
- Integrated support for virus scanning with ClamAV. You will no longer have to run ClamAV via SpamAssassin (although that mode still works).
- Integrated support for SpamAssassin has been expanded to include a site-definable choice of tagging or rejecting spam.
- Improved interoperability with vCards generated by third-party address book software.
- All of the fonts in WebCit are now relative sized, making the whole site look better on screens of all sizes.
- Hundreds of performance improvements, user interface enhancements, and bug fixes.